The SHTF Vehicle Survival 101 – Make Sure Your Vehicle Is Prepared For Any Situation!
How long will your car last if TSHTF?
If you are using ordinary products, not long! Most auto repair shops use junk products because they want you to come back for more repairs!
A quick look at what you need now!
- Long Lasting Engine Oil and Filter. Products that will last at least a year.
- Long Lasting Gear Oil For Your Axles.
- Long Lasting Transmission Fluid.
- Long Lasting Engine Coolant.
- Spark Plugs – Just an extra set in case the emergency lasts much longer than anyone expects.
- Good All-Terrain Tires – Preferably load range E. Don’t stock these, they take up too much room, but you can make sure the ones on your vehicle are in good condition.
- Fuel Stabilizer – Keep your fuel stable for extended storage.
- Brake Pads or Brake Shoes – Stock one set, or make sure the ones on your vehicle are always in good working order with plenty of pad material left. Good quality brakes should last you at least a few years. On today’s vehicles, brake pads and rotors are very easy to replace!
- Vehicle code reader or scanner to check your vehicle for trouble codes if the CEL illuminates.
I have the perfect product for you because it lasts far longer than anything else!
I will reveal this product in a few moments.
You will be on your own!
In a serious SHTF scenario, there will be no auto repair facilities. There will be no place to take your vehicle when the check engine light illuminates. Your on your own, and you need to make sure your vehicle is ready for the occasion!
As a “prepper” myself, I know the work that goes into preparing for any emergency situation that may rear its ugly head.
It’s not a question of if, but rather when an emergency will occur! I have recently focused my attention on prepping my vehicles. When I say prepping my vehicles, I am talking about keeping them running in top condition. Not stocking them with needed food and water. If your vehicle isn’t going to get you where you need to go, stocking it is useless!
The secret to keep your car running trouble free.
The secret to keeping your vehicle running problem free in a SHTF scenario is the same as keeping it running problem free any other time.
That key is proper maintenance. Want your vehicle that will last you 10 to 20 problem free years? The answer is proper maintenance. This of course goes for any machine, but I want to focus on your main source for transportation in a SHTF scenario.
What causes your vehicle the most downtime? Vehicle maintenance. Changing oil is an ongoing, never ending task that always needs to be done at the worst possible time. But I have a product for you that will eliminate this task!
In a SHTF scenario, have you considered what will happen to your automotive maintenance? If not, then this was written for you!
Mechanic Skills You Must Master To Survive!
Before we go any further, have you ever taken the time to change your own oil? Have you taken the time to change out your own brake pads and brake rotors? If you use quality products, you won’t have to do this very often.
Repair shops don’t use the best parts because they want you to come back often!
If you aren’t doing them now, how will you know how to do them in an emergency situation? If you haven’t learned how to do these simple procedures on your vehicle, then you should start now.
If you do know how to take care of these simple procedures, then you are a step ahead of those who haven’t taken the time to learn these simple procedures!
Choosing Products To Keep Your Vehicle Running
So now that we know we need to keep our vehicles running in top shape in an emergency, we need to use products that offer the longest life.
Always purchase quality products. Do you hate working on vehicles? I do, and I buy the best products I can afford. The result, I change my brake pads about every 3 to 5 years. That means if I have spare brake pads and rotors. I won’t have to worry about my brakes.
Brake pads and rotors take up very little space in a preppers storage area. They are most likely safe from thieves as these parts are vehicle specific. Unless someone has the exact same vehicle as you, they won’t be useful to them.
Same goes for spark plugs, they take up minimal space and can usual last a good 1 to 3 years in a vehicle. Keeping an extra set is very cheap and takes up very little room.
The problem with most fluids.
How you can avoid this problem.
On the other hand, stocking motor oil, axle fluid, transmission fluid, coolant, etc. can take up considerable space. If you change your engine oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles, that means a minimum of 4 oil changes every year. If your vehicle takes 6 quarts of oil, that means you are stocking 24 quarts of oil for one year of oil changes for a single vehicle.
You will also have to stock at least 4 oil filters. The same goes for all your other maintenance fluids like axle fluids, transmission fluid, and coolant.
You could easily fill half of your garage with this stuff, but luckily there is an alternative.
The Long Lasting Alternative
The alternative is a long lasting, thoroughly tested, quality product that will last you many years! This means stocking minimal product and keeping your vehicles running in top shape even in the worst SHTF scenario!
For Peppers like you, AMSOIL offers the top of the line, longest lasting engine oils, transmission fluids, gear oils, coolants, and more!
I want to stop right here and mention that I am an AMSOIL Dealer. I am an AMSOIL dealer because I love AMSOIL products. So with that out of the way, I will continue with why I love AMSOIL products.
- Less Maintenance And Costly Repairs. You don’t want to have to work on your car in a survival situation. You won’t have time for maintenance and repairs. You will need to focus on survival.
- Better Reliability. You do not want to get stranded in a survival situation. Reliability is very important.
- Better Running Engine. Your vehicle will run better and give you much needed confidence in a survival situation.
- Better Fuel Mileage. Fuel will be scarce! You will want to keep yours!
- Better Engine Cooling. Better cooling protects your engine. You need to protect your engine at all costs.
- Faster Engine Warm-up. Cold starting is the hardest on your engine. The cold metal has not expanded yet and your pistons are rattling around like a rock in a tin can. The faster you engine warms up, the better.
- Better Cold Start Protection. Imagine two pieces of metal rubbing against each other without any oil to keep them separated. Imagine all the metal wear that will be caused in only a few minutes. Some products offers superior adhesion, meaning your engine is protected during cold start after sitting over night.
- Less Parasitic Loss. High quality synthetics provide a a very slick surface which allows your vehicle to run smoothly with less parasitic loss. This saves your fuel and allows more power to reach your wheels.
- Lasts up to 25,000 miles or 1 year. This is important because you won’t have time to repair or work on your vehicle.
- Cleaner Engine. Sludge is a thick tar like substance forming in your engine. It can cause severe damage to your engine.
With AMSOIL in a gas engine, you can change your engine oil every 25K miles or once a year, whatever comes first. If you run a diesel, you can easily go far longer than that!
That means you can go an entire year without having to worry about changing your motor oil.
The AMSOIL coolant, gear oils, and transmission fluids last much longer than that! This means you would only have to stock minimal products to keep your vehicles running in top shape.
In addition, AMSOIL offers superior protection for all of your vehicles, tractors, small engines, diesels, and the list goes on and on. Of course it doesn’t end there!
If you are the ultimate prepper who has amassed generators, tractors, and more, AMSOIL also covers you with the longest lasting, best protecting products on the market!
This means your emergency generator will require less maintenance and you will not have to stock much generator oil, diesel oil, tractor oil, etc.
So why wouldn’t you use the best and longest lasting products on the market in an emergency situation? Seems like common sense to me!
So if you want to take your prepping to the next step, make sure your vehicle is prepped for any emergency!
Keeping your vehicle running reliably in an emergency will offer you a peace of mind, and the ability to get around when other people may be stuck walking the streets in search of necessities.
I don’t know about you, but I have my garage stocked with AMSOIL products and am confident my vehicle is ready for any emergency that may show up at my door!
Act now, you never know when an emergency will happen!
How long will it take you to order your supplies?